Thursday, November 17, 2022

Badgerie Menagerie: Our October was Full!

Our October was full!

CluedUpp City Puzzle Games with friends, Women's March, a Witch's Tea, much driving around, debate, a weekend in Provo, road schooling, & of course projects, projects, projects!  The least of all was of course our homemade Halloween costumes!  (They're putting more effort into them, so I can step back!)

***

CluedUpp App Game's
Alice in Wonderland Clues Around the City Game:
It's a game around town, one day, many people, dress up, if you want.  
So, I wanted to put my own interpretation of the Queen of Hearts, complete with Hanfu and some Hearts in the headdress and on the outfit.

Miss 1 used her jewlery expertise to alter and add heart jewels to the headdress.

Ready for the outing.

To the Clue games with my Momma friends!


Checking out the clues around town.

Rest stop.


Fun had by all.

My sewn additions are now hanging on the wall as a reminder of the fun excersion.

***

Meanwhile, so goes our week, at home & around town!
Fun playing with the focus on the camera.
Bubble bath in the jungle...

The blanket ghost, one of the kids just put it together in the hall.
I loved it!

My new palm tree is amazing.

One of our mantis' thinks so.

Trying out parts of her costume.

Arriving early to cross country race has its benefits.


After the race...
It's off to Iceberg for shakes!

Last seen in our backyard!
Wild turkeys.
Miss 3 tried to entice with seed.

Off on a sisterly backcountry hike.

She grew a tomato and it's going to Dada.

Our beloved ghost lump moved quarters...

Fridays are for rollerblading!

Some Fridays are also for adding to our human-history timeline!


Putting up some of our Halloween decor.


***
Puss Hats ho!
Readying for the SLC Women's March.
Hoping for a good turnout.
Special history of this pussy hat:  This hat is knit from the yarn that Miss 1 and I spun about 5+ years ago, at a sheep-to-yarn class taught in the valley.

I just love how the hat turned out.
It's chunky wool, lined with polar fleece.

Making our signs.

Turnout was smaller than I expected.

But the spirit was there and the speakers were good.



After a while we drifted away to play Magic on the lawn and listen to the speakers on the loud phone.

We left after about an hour and walked around town.
Checked out a local bakery.

And made a Boba-tea stop, of course!


The signs earned there place on our wall of protest!

***
Continuing our month, and our week, at home & around town!

Miss 3 and I met these gals while at a Girl Scout away camp.
She like to practice making new friends, so we met up with them at Tracy Aviary for a fun playdate!


Meanwhile.
This Miss is practicing the craft of merengue.


Trying out her mask in progress.

Decorating her witchy hat.

A hike with a good friend.

Miss finished decorating her witches hat.
It was so much fun, that she designed a matching one for her dino.

Dada approved.

Been having my daily lunches made by Miss 2.
What a love!

Miss 3 made this and I had to have it.

Another Miss, getting help from Dada with spray painting her witchy hat black.

Another cross country meet!



Upside down.

Completed her witchy hat!

Miss 3 made me this gem.

Fun with friends.

Student government.

Voting time!

Another fun day at the Planetarium.

An outing with the younger two...
I dropped them off for a few hours to wander the library and over to the mall.

These two had a blast.
*Sister time magic!*

***
One day.
Three events.
A very full,
very witchy day.

Miss 1's decorated witch hat.


A random kiwi-jack-o-lantern?

Very witchy indeed.

First on the docket, a trip with two Misses to Utah Museum of Fine Art for family art day: 
Scarabs!

My Fimo attempt at a wooden carved scarab.

After baking and removal of the paper.

Our witchy hats.

Our witchy crew.

Off to a witch's high tea...
One of the Misses wasn't too keen on walking through town in full witchy dress.

In line for high tea!

Witch please!


At our seat.



The fun high-tea snacks.

<3

Off to a wedding.

***

Another beautiful autumn week...

*

Badger home evening
Found a new to us coffee joint in Holladay.
They have a lot of GF options!!!

3 Cups Coffee:  Their pumpkin toast was great!

More robotics:  Miss 2 working with her 1-tech team...

Badger Home Evening:
Gravestones, out of pink foam!

I love this pink foam cutter...
And the fella there is pretty cool too.


Offered the troops some Model Magic to try and add some easy dimensionality to their gravestones.

Cutting... 

For dessert afterwards:  fill your own Witch's Cauldron
I tried making a homemade version of the witch's cauldron that I'd been seeing going around as this year's popular Halloween based dessert.
At first I tried using water balloons to dip in chocolate to cast the cauldron.
Pop! Pop! Pop! Nope.
Ended up using my good old 2" semi-sphere molds instead.
I think that they ended up being the right size for modest appetites.
Some of the commercial kits have one creating some pretty large cauldrons - way too much excess!

Squeezing in the chocolate mousse!

Don't forget the gummy spiders and worms...

...And the candy eyes, of course.


Sucess!

*

A date out rollerblading:
besides art, it's one of my favorite past times.

Miss 3 pretzel eyes, and helping work on her Halloween costume.

Next day: some of the Model Magic needed some gluing for it to stay on the tombstone.

Work in progress:  
trying on her costume.

*

Just the two of us!
Weekend for two while the rest go camping.
Went to see the re-release of the Ankor-Wat movie at the Clark Planetarium.
Miss had some choice critiques about the "documentary-ness" of the movie.

Boba-tea.

More progress on her mask...

Catching a sunrise in the window.

'Twas magnificent!

My first time sewing gloves.
I feel as if it is a milestone.

Trying them on inside-out, before some of the seam trimming.

She chose to wear this for her volunteering at the library.

Coffee at a really cool vegan/GF place with a really cool pal of mine!
<3

Miss 1's reason for staying home this weekend:
volunteering for the library's Halloween party!

More progress on those gloves that I sewed!
Halloween, here we come!

***

Weekend in Provo.
Courtesy of Debate and Mock United Nations!
BYU, here there be no coffee.
No coffee!  I couldn't believe it really, until I asked in the food court.
Also, there be no masked individuals.  Weird.  It's not that hard, really.
I had to walk off of campus to find coffee.
So, although I am pictured in their cafeteria, I made no effort to buy food.

Miss 1 and I opted to stay at a hotel.

A local thai restaurant...
It is was weird being the only asians/masked people in there, besides the proprietor.

Dinner, thai take-out.

In our luggage, found a throw-back from a few winters ago...
A clue card from when we had a murder mystery on a train night for Miss 2's bday.

Next day: debate tournament

In line.
On break.
I had very little break.
Since I was judging and didn't get the introductory email, I didn't bring a laptop.
Apparently, all judging voting is tallied online now.
I had to write all of my judgements longhand and type them in during the breaks!
On the plus side, Miss1 overheard several students point me out to each other as "one of the best judges".  So that was a boost!

Miss 1 got rated in the top half of the competing student body, for her first Spar debate tournament.
Fun times!


















No comments:

Post a Comment