Thursday, October 10, 2024

Badgers in Porto, Portugal part 4 of 5

Portugal.
Smoke.  Sand.  Traveling Dolls. 
And many steps in our day.

Wednesday.
Morning.

New mission: to wander over to the other side of the River Douro and find a beach there (on the North side of the mouth of the river).

***

On the way: dropping off a little travelling doll.
I had help!



Found: Ash, from the fires.
Carbonized leaves from the burning forest fires.





The air would sometimes clear a bit and we could take off our masks.


Then it would thicken again, as we could smell and we would put our masks back on.



You could look directly at the sun.

Along the Douro River.




Upon occasion the trolley would zoom right past.

Each Little Travelling Doll came with it's own message, in English and Portuguese.

My helper.


This one was left with this statue.

***

Found the Atlantic Ocean again!
This time it's a beach on the North side.
Found a lighthouse and thought of my friend!




Fed pigeons.
<3



Climbed rocks.

Explored tide pools.
Found crabs.




Made sand sculpture (on limited time).
This was a day where we had to hurry to be back in our rooms by early afternoon - so the youngest Miss could make her online class in a nice quiet place. (Tuesday, early-morning in SLC).

Mama's babes on the sand.

I want to come back and sculpt more.
They should just bring me here and leave me, I'll just play here until the cows come home, or perhaps just until I'm hungry

It was a fun and productive day.
Made almost 29K steps this day.






No comments:

Post a Comment