Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Toddler Recipe: Chocolate Covered Banana Slices

It was a good day for making treats.  I found this idea on www.yumsugar.com, chocolate covered bananas rolled in stuff.  It turned out to be a great activity and the end-product was a hit as well.

I sliced up three bananas. 
I had on had four bags of "stuff" for rolling the chocolate dipped slices in:
  • lady fingers
  • malt balls
  • fruity O's
  • cashew nuts
Then, "Hammer-time!" I had the girls take turns smashing up the "stuff" with a mallet, or rather the smooth-non-spikey side of a meat tenderizing mallet. (What toddler recipe could be complete without a mallet? Really?) And then I poured the crushed contents into four deep containers.

I melted a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips with a tablespoon of oil to make the chocolate dip.  Once the dip had cooled down enough, I let the girls have at the chocolate dip and rolling ingredients.  Chilled the slices in the freezer for an hour and voila!



Dip, dip, dip...























Rolling, rolling, rolling...  





















Maybe some eating too....





















Final product!





















No comments:

Post a Comment